Had an amazing time over the weekend hanging out with the fam. Here are some moments from our cookout and a super easy dessert recipe at the bottom!
I'm definitely not a baker, but decided to make some festive cake balls for my family cookout. It went a lot smoother than I thought and everyone loved them. Sharing a super easy recipe I found below. I'll be keeping these in mind for the 4th!
What You Need:
Either boxed cake mix or make your own from scratch. I used chocolate fudge cake mix from the store. #FTW
3 eggs and vegetable oil for the cake mix
Chocolate frosting (or vanilla, whatever floats your boat)
Godiva baking chocolates
Cake pan, measuring cups, a big mixing bowl, a small bowl for dipping, toothpicks or a spoon for dipping, ice cream scooper (or something similar for making balls), wax paper, and baking sheet
1. Prepare cake mix according to package and bake
2. When cake is done, crumble into the mixing bowl while still warm
3. Add 1 can of frosting and mix together
4. Make 1 1/2 inch balls and put in freezer for 15 min
5. Once cake balls are chilled, pour baking chocolate into bowl and heat in microwave or stovetop according to package
6. Use spoon or toothpick to dip balls into chocolate
7. Place cake balls onto wax paper and add sprinkles
8. Put in fridge for about 10 min and they're good to go!